Here are the 8 Reasons Why You Need a Cordilleran Friend In Your Life (at least 1).
1. THEY’LL SHOW YOU ‘BEST’ WAYS TO SAVE MONEY.
Frugality is their specialty. They use laundry detergent to wash dishes. Truth be told, toilet paper is a very western concept. Ask your ‘close’ friend how we do it!
2. THEY’LL SHOW YOU HOW TO EAT WITH YOUR HAND LIKE A PRO!
Yes, everything tastes better with lots of rice, sili and karne!
Kiniing, too. If you don’t know what’s kiniing, ask your friend to bring you to BADU.
3. THEY’LL TREAT YOU WITH THE UTMOST HOSPITALITY.
You will always be offered a tsinelas on your feet whenever you visit their homes. Or if they don’t they’ll ask you to let your shoes in because hindi daw sila nakapaglinis for your visit kahit na sobrang shiny na yung floor!
4. THEY’LL MAKE YOU LOOK GOOD FOR BEING PUNCTUAL.
Because they’re always late for gimmicks.
Note: For work, of course not. Our grandparents boil barako coffee 4 am while we are still on bed. Work starts even before sunrise.
5. THEY’LL MAKE YOU LIKE EVERYTHING THAT IS IMPORTED OR ‘STATESIDE’
In fact, they collect gifts from relatives abroad as display.
6. THEY’LL MAKE YOU REALIZE THE INTRICACIES OF YOUR FAMILY TREE – THEY LOVE TO FIND CONNECTIONS
In short, nalaeng nga mangtunton ti kabagyans!
7. THEY’LL MAKE YOU APPRECIATE ‘MEANINGFUL’ SONGS. WHEN A ‘COUNTRY MUSIC’ PLAYS ANYWHERE, THEIR CHEST SWELLS WITH PRIDE AND SAY ‘THAT’S MY SONG’
Your Cordilleran friend most likely knows more stories about love than you can ever find in Google. Sometimes, they tell those stories through a song. Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson… sorry Lady Gaga.
8. THEY’LL ACCEPT YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE.
No matter your age, race or sexual orientation!
INDEED, WHEN YOU ARE WITH CORDILLERANS, YOU DON’T NEED MONEY TO BE TRULY HAPPY!
Share this to your friends if you agree!
This post was posted with permission from the original author. Find the original article here.